• Oral Hygiene
• Dental Cleaning
• Gum Treatments
• Crowns & Bridges
• Tooth extractions
• Root canal treatment
• Dental implants
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
• Night & Mouth guards
• Sleep Appliance
• Tooth Whitening
• Digital x-rays
• Appointment reminders
• Electronic Claim Processing
• Intra-oral Imaging
• Telescopic Loupes
Copyright © 2018. All rights reserved. No part of this website's content and images may be copied or downloaded without the written permission of the owner. Dr. Marina Manunts, D.D.S. and Northeast Family Dental. Web design: ©2018 Zygdesignz Studios. Photography copyrighted 2018. Photography by Juliette Zygarowicz, Gerritsen Photography, stock photos and Ruben Abramov.
Caring For My Teeth
Your Child's First Visit
Missing An Appointment
Frequently Asked Questions & Insurance
How should I care for my teeth in between visits to the dentist?
In between regular visits to the dentist, there are simple steps that each of us can take to greatly decrease the risk of developing tooth decay, gum disease and other dental problems.
• Brush thoroughly twice a day and floss daily.
• Eat a balanced diet and limit snacks between meals.
• Use dental products which contain fluoride, including toothpaste.
• Rinse with mouthwash after you brush your teeth.
• It is suggested that children under 12 should drink fluoridated water or take fluoride supplements
if they live in a non-fluoridated area.
• Visit your dentist regularly for professional cleanings and exams at least every six months.
When should a child have his/her first dental appointment?
Every child has their own level of maturity and understanding. Parents should expect a positive experience from their child’s first visit to the dentist.
Our best advice is to refrain from any type of negative discussion regarding dentists or dental visits. Threats and bribery, words like drill and shot should never be used when speaking to your child regarding your child’s visit, as these practices will transfer your possible anxiety and fears to your child.
Let your child know the importance of taking care of their teeth and that the dentist will be checking to be sure that they are healthy and strong. One of our hygienists will be cleaning and polishing those teeth until they sparkle and shine.
What happens if I miss a dental appointment?
If you are unable to keep an appointment, we ask that you kindly provide us with at least 24 hours notice. We realize that your time is important and we do our best to run on time.
If you are more than 15 minutes late for your appointment, it may be necessary to reschedule so that we do not inconvenience those who have scheduled appointments after yours. A fee will be charged if a patient misses an appointment without notifying us.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing our practice for your dental care. Northeast Family Dental requires 24 hours notice in advance.
SAVE TIME by completing important forms at home!
For paper forms, simply download the forms, print, complete and bring with you to your next appointment.
You may also complete forms in the our office. Be sure to have your personal and health history on hand.
What are my payment options?
We ask that you pay in full at the time of service if you use dental insurance that reimburses you directly. When benefits are assigned to the dentist, we ask that your portion be paid at the time of service.
We can submit the required insurance forms for you and would be happy to help you receive the maximum benefits that your plan provides.
We submit most insurance claims electronically and will work with you to help make your payments affordable. Accepted forms of payment are cash, checks, VISA, Mastercard and Care Credit.
What is CareCredit?
The CareCredit healthcare credit card is:
• Convenient. Use it again and again as your own dedicated health and wellness line of credit (subject to credit approval).
• Helpful. Special financing options with convenient monthly payments help you fit care into your budget.
• Flexible. Select doctors or healthcare providers near you. Pay monthly or pay your balance off at any time.
• Simple and straightforward. Pay for the treatments or procedures you want, when you want them.
Fill out the application and receive a decision immediately.